Corporate Industrial Safety Policy
Corporate policy on industrial safety, health and safety at work and environmental protection.
Key elements of the policy
Gazprom Neft management regard the management of industrial safety, health and safety at work and environmental protection as a crucial part of effective production management and acknowledge their responsibility for successfully dealing with the professional risks that affect the life and health of employees, facilities, assets and the environment.
No economic, technical or any other sort of plans can be considered if they fail to ensure the safety of working employees, the population and the natural environment.
The Company policy on industrial, fire and transport safety, environmental protection, health and safety at work and civil protection (hereinafter “Policy”) has been drawn up to meet national standards (GOST R ISO 9000-2008 “Management Quality Systems. Basic Terms and Glossary”, GOST R ISO 9000-2011 “Management Quality Systems. Requirements”, GOST 14001-2007 “Environmental Management Systems. Requirements and Application Guide”, and other requirements under Russian legislation).
In 2014, the Company updated a series of corporate standards in this area to reflect the revised legal requirements and structural changes at Gazprom Neft.
In 2014, Gazprom Neft started to reorganise its management systems for industrial safety, health and safety at work and civil protection. This project aims to increase the level of industrial safety at the Company, as it increases its assets and output, and to equip it with a system more suited to modern management approaches.
The Company constantly endeavours to improve its results in industrial safety, health and safety at work and environmental protection and has set the following objectives:
- to steadily reduce the figures for industrial injuries, occupational illnesses, accidents and negative environmental impact;
- to organise safe production and environmental protection by rolling out a single, integrated world-class industrial safety, health and safety and environmental management system across Gazprom Neft companies with key processes to identify hazards and assess and manage professional risk;
- to steadily introduce global best practices in engineering, technology, industrial safety, health and safety and environmental protection at all Gazprom Neft operating companies.
The Company’s obligations in respect of industrial safety and environmental protection, health and safety at work and civil protection:
- to create a framework including methods to encourage and apply industrial safety, health and safety at work and environmental protection activities such that every employee of Gazprom Neft acknowledges and accepts responsibility for their own safety and that of the people around them and is entitled to stop and/or refuse to perform operations that threaten their own life and health or those of the people around them;
- to introduce, support and consistently improve an efficient system for managing industrial safety, health and safety at work and environmental protection at the Company that meets national and international standards;
- to consistently implement a full series of preventive measures to reduce the likelihood of incidents to a justifiable and practicable level, bearing in mind that any industrial activity planned and carried out by Gazprom Neft and its subsidiaries and affiliates involves potential risk;
- to constantly improve working conditions, industrial safety and environmental protection, and monitor such improvements;
- to comply with current legislation while using all economically appropriate ways to reduce risk beyond the legal requirements;
- to always endeavour to raise staff awareness, skills and familiarity in matters of industrial safety, health and safety and environmental protection by means of various types of training and mentoring;
- to provide the resources needed to implement the industrial safety, health and safety and environmental protection policy;
- to introduce ways of managing the counterparties and business partners of Gazprom Neft so they comply with this policy when working at Gazprom Neft companies and sites;
- to make industrial safety, health and safety and environmental protection statistics freely available by adequate exchange of information and engage in dialogue with stakeholders;
- to update and circulate the Company policy on industrial safety, health and safety and environmental protection regularly to all Gazprom Neft Group employees and interested third parties.